Friday, January 14, 2011

something i do before school

I had trouble with thinking of a topic to write about for my free blog post so I decided to write about the additional class that I have been taking for a while which is JROTC at encinal high school (JROTC stands for Junior officer training corps). JROTC is much more easier than I thought it was going to be and yet I learned a lot from it. I not only learned about how to operate a rifle and how to use it (it is much more than just aiming and firing) but rather discipline, leadership and a bit of history of military, particularly weapon development. But my favorite part of JROTC is the uniform. I can participate in activities and teams like the color guard and rifle team and get medals and badges.

Though it requires me to wake up a bit earlier and become a faster biker since I need to bike from encinal to ASTI within less than ten minutes (though MR. Farger is a bit forgiving to me since he too went for ROTC in the past), I find JROTC something worth my time. It would make my resume look shinier and increase my chances in getting enrolled into an elite college or university and one that I am aiming for though my chances are extremely slim; the United States Air Force Academy. But I had some trouble in getting enrolled. I was not able to get enrolled within the first month. One of encinal’s office ladies that was to enroll me into the program told me that period 0 is full therefore I can not get involved. But earlier she said I am welcome to join. She asked me why my name did not pop up when she searched the system. Once I told her it was because I am a student at ASTI, she from then on refused to enroll me. So I went to the teacher, 1st sergeant Allen (seriously strict but a funny friendly guy) and asked him and with his help I got into the system. And now I go each day to JROTC learning something new each day that can help motivate me into a better citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment