Friday, December 17, 2010

Alameda: my home (reflection)

As I strolled down looking for a blog post to reflect upon, one caught my eye which was about the island that I live on, Alameda. It was a reflection done by david su titled do god bless alameda.
"I am shocked. If anything, Alameda is the coolest place to be and just because you do not like it here, does not make it dumb or stupid or anything like that. I am tired of people calling Alameda bad names. ... Just because people live in Oakland and it’s where all the “cool people” live, does not make everywhere else dumb ... (My dad works in Oakland and he has seen people get shot but he loves it there and he says he would not want to work anywhere in the world but in Oakland but you do not see him talking trash about Alameda.)"
I am not surprised that rokhsor is so shocked on the account of criticizing Alameda. I too have heard several cases of negative insults about alameda that do not make any sense. No one should regret living in alameda for many reasons on is that alameda is one of the United States’s safest cities. I can walk around at night and have little to worry about due to the safety my small city provides me with. It has many parks and has a sandy shoreline beach. Alameda to me has all the ingredients that can provide me with a relaxing life.

However, all of alameda’s goodliness and lack of criminal activity can cause several people to experience extreme boredom. But that kind of fun never lasts forever and sadly many find out the hard way if they manage to make through it. Alameda is the city a few of the Alameda Science and Technology Institute teachers many and students live in, so insulting you hometown sounds a bit weird. But even though there are a few today who might dislike alameda, a large amount of them will probably change their minds. Alameda is an island that holds many memories of the past, something no one would like to through away into the trash.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment