Friday, November 12, 2010

poems

Christmas Break

It was cold, colder than a snow cone, beyond that, as I walked across the snow. Every step I took was like a sharp knife slicing threw a thin piece of butter.
As I look around me from every even or crocked angle, I see noting but snow. It looked like a bright white piece of blank paper with a light blue coat overhead.
Every step got deeper as if the tide is coming in.

I was quiet as if no one has ever been here, until my mom loudly called me. Shouting echoed as if she called me continuously from every direction around me, slowly fading away. 

I went back home and took of my itchy scarf, my heavy but warm sweater and so on. My toes felt as if they just got out of jail and my neck was itchy as if there were lice bouncing around.

Beep! Beep!, the microwave’s loud call. I got up and got my hot chocolate. Christmas Break is here.
Memories

I remember the and delicious scent the huge pizza gave off in the small and yet fully crowded pizza place in New York

I remember the striking speed the west point graduates threw their hats into the air.

I remember the continuous humming noise we heard on the flight to our far destination with the loud snoring of the old people near right across from our soft and pleasant seats.

I remember running faster than a cheetah to fetch a graduate’s hat that was thrown into the air which was full of cheering and tears of joy.

But I do remember the cold tears sliding down my small cheeks and dropping off my chin, I was lost in New York.

I remember someone grabbing my small chubby hands and leading me through the loaded packed crowd of graduated soldiers and proud parents to the stage.

I remember the great view and amazement I had while watching me parachuting from the clear blue sky.

I remember how cozy and soft my bed was with a fresh scent after not touching it for months.



No comments:

Post a Comment